WHY IS MY SEX TOY BROKEN?
They say all good things come to an end. Sometimes sooner than you expected. It can be a very sad day when you were looking forward to using your favorite toy only to discover that it has unexpectedly stopped working.
We made a list of typical mistakes people make and a few tips when it comes to taking care of your toy.
1. CLEANING It is absolutely necessary to clean your toy often and correctly. Use mild soap and warm water, or specialty toy cleaner instead, and make sure to dry them thoroughly. Do not use a dishwasher or put in boiling water and do not use alcohol or harsh chemicals.
2. BEWARE THE WATER When cleaning your toy, or using it in the bath or shower, avoid submerging the toy in water. There are still charging holes where water can come in and destroy the battery even if the toy is water resistant.
3. BATTERY If you're using a toy that uses batteries, take them out whenever you're not using the toy. If your toy charges, do not leave the toy dead for a too long period (a week) without charging; remove the charger when the toy is finished charging; and do not use the toy while it is charging. These will definitely affect the battery in a bad way.
4. USING LUBE Use only water-based lubricants and don't use silicone lube with silicone toys. Silicone lube rubbing up against a silicone toy actually ends up wearing away the silicone. Science etsê.
5. STORAGE Store it in a clean, room temperature place. Extreme heat/cold or sunlight also damages the battery and the silicone. Also consider getting a nice pouch to store your toy in to keep it clean and out of harm’s way.
We really hope these tips will help you build a long-term relationship with your toy, instead of short fling…as you both deserve.
~ Moonlight Candy Team