It’s 2023 and we live in the modern age where getting a sex toy is not only acceptable, but encouraged. But all the options available can be bit overwhelming.
So, we thought we’ll do a short summary of some of the types of toys out there. For your education or consideration. Let’s jump into it!
1. Dildos and Strap-Ons Probably the best known toy, by name. Mainly used for penetration to stimulate the g-spot, anus or prostate. Come in various shapes and sizes, but often penis shaped. Dildos can be made out of silicone, rubber, plastic, metal, or even glass. If you combine a dildo with a harness you wear around your waist, you have a strap-on. 2. Bullet Vibrators A popular toy for first timers. Small. Cheap. Discreet. Shaped like a bullet and it vibrates. Can be used to stimulate numerous body parts, but mostly used on the clitoris.
3. Wand Vibrators Made specifically for direct clitoral stimulation. Come in many sizes so they are excellent first-time toys as well. You can start small and go bigger as you get more comfortable. They have a long handle and large head that gives intense vibration.
4. Clitoral Suction Vibrators Thanks to advances in technology we have a toy that mimics the feeling of receiving oral stimulation. They use air and suction to stimulate the clitoris, and some have vibration as well.
5. Rabbit Vibrator These are basically when you combine a dildo and a clitoral vibrator. They normally include a vibrating shaft or dildo and a smaller attachment that sits atop the clitoris. The attachment can sometimes vibrate, suck, lick, etc. The attachment is sometimes shaped like bunny ears, hence the name. They are designed to stimulate inside and outside simultaneously. 6. Penis/Cock Rings Not just made for men, but for couples too. Also cheap and easy to use toy. They go around the base of the penis to keep the blood flow in, which helps erections last longer and increase the sensation. Some penis rings have little vibrators on them, to stimulate you and/or your partner.
7. Male Masturbators “Pocket Pussies”, “Fleshlights”, “Masturbation Cups”. These are all pretty much a masturbator device that contains a textured tube or artificial mouth/anus/vagina. Some have advanced functions like vibration, heating, pump actions, shock settings etc. 8. Anal Toys, Butt Plugs and Prostate Massagers Toys made specifically to stimulate and/or go inside your anus. This stimulates the anal cavity or the prostate and is also known to create a pleasant “full” sensation if you wear it while receiving vaginal penetration. Remember the lube! 9. Couples Sex Toys Well, all sex toys can be couples toys but some are specifically designed for that purpose. Made for wearing during sex or for helping partners control the timing of their orgasms, and there are many remote and app-controlled toys. Fun and kinky! Too many shapes and sizes to mention here.
10. Kegel & Ben Wa Balls Who can forget THAT scene from 50 Shades?! These nifty toys are basically just silicone/metal/glass balls designed to be inserted into the vagina to strengthen pelvic floor muscles, or to give a sense of fullness and stimulation. Some come with remote or app-control.
We hope this helped you identify a few toys and perhaps one of them tickled your fancy. Browse our website if you need to see pictures 😉 ~ Moonlight Candy Team